£40 1 Hour
Pregnancy massage aims to support mothers-to-be in a holistic way, physically, mentally and spiritually.
Pregnancy is a magical time, but with it can come aches, pains, joint swelling, disrupted sleep and anxiety. This treatment will help to alleviate those symptoms as well as providing expectant mothers with the emotional support they need through a nurturing touch.
To enable complete relaxation, the treatment is performed whilst lying on your side, supported by pillows and bolsters. Slow, long massage strokes are used to relax the muscles and the mind and deeper kneading techniques are used on particularly tense areas.
The potential benefits of pregnancy massage are:-
- Providing relief from backache caused by postural changes
- Improving discomfort and pain in ligaments and joints, by releasing oxytocin and endorphins
- Assisting in the alleviation of common pregnancy discomforts such as headaches, leg cramps, sciatica, heartburn, fatigue and neck pain.
- Increasing blood circulation, which in turn provides more oxygen and nutrients to both mother and foetus, and stimulates the lymph system to remove toxins and increase immunity.
- Stabilises hormone levels, helping to relieve depression/anxiety brought on by the hormonal changes.
- Increases muscle tone and mobility and helps with swelling of the lower extremities.
- Soothes the nervous system with the release of endorphins and therefore promotes an easier delivery.
Please note:- Pregnancy massage is not suitable in the first three months of pregnancy and/or if you have a history of miscarriage or high-risk pregnancy, are prone to blood clots, are experiencing cramping or bleeding, high blood pressure, morning sickness, gestational diabetes.